Ollo!

Hi, and welcome to Mirandomness! This is where I (Miranda) put all of my random thoughts about anything and everything. Feel free to wander, but make sure to leave your shoes at the door.


Thursday, November 1, 2012

Miranda's Bacon-Potato Soup.

Hi. Happy Day-After-the -31st-Anniversary-of-Voldemort's-First-Defeat!

It was also Nearly Headless Nick's deathday.

And the day that Harry's parents died.

Hm.

Anywho, I have something for you.

You may be wondering, "And what is this something for me?"

Well I'll tell you. It is the recipe to my special super-yummy Bacon-Potato Soup. And here it is.


Miranda's Bacon-Potato Soup.
Serves 12.
Takes about an hour and a half.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb. uncooked Bacon, chopped.
1 onion, chopped.
1 stick butter.
Flour.
Large can chicken broth.
8 cups scrubbed and chopped potatos.
Salt and Pepper.
3/4 cups milk.
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese.
1/2 cup sour cream.


Saute bacon and onion in large pot until bacon is crispy and onions are brown. Remove from pot with slotted spoon and set aside. Add butter to bacon grease in pot and melt. Add flour to make a roux. When roux is thickened with no lumps, add chicken broth. Add chopped potatos. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Put a lid on it and cook 30 min or until potatos are soft. Uncover. Salt and pepper to taste. Add milk, cheddar, and sour cream and stir. Remove pot from heat. Add bacon and onions. Stir some more. Serve after 5 to 10 minutes.

And there you are. Enjoy. Share. Tell people where you got it from. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Now can you come make it for me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori! You're not trying to steal my Miranda are you? Miranda, It was REALLY good soup! Thanks for FINALLY writing down the recipe. :) I will cherish it forever. Oh...you forgot to tell them that it feels like wearing a favorite warm sweater on a cold and snowy day. Warm, comforting and perfect. NOT just Yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...I want her to come make it for me too Lori. Lets draw straws for who gets her first. And sis...it is your fault everyone wants to steal her. You are the one that created an amazing daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I am SO going to make this!

    ReplyDelete